Dancesafe
Topic Options
#19024 - 12/29/01 11:14 PM hearrt problems
madison Offline
Has a Question or two

Loc: USA
Has anyone ever heard of a person who is in good health developing heart problems after taking too much e?(like 12 in five months) A friend of mine claims this happened to him, and also that he has frequent panic attacks.Could they be the cause of his heart problem?

#19025 - 12/30/01 11:26 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: madison]
sugarpuss Offline
petite fille bleue.

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
quote:
Originally posted by crazydiamond:
Has anyone ever heard of a person who is in good health developing heart problems after taking too much e?(like 12 in five months) A friend of mine claims this happened to him, and also that he has frequent panic attacks.Could they be the cause of his heart problem?

I am not a doctor, so I cannot give you anything concrete, only speculation. If your friend is having any kind of issues, he should speak to a doctor, because that's the only sure thing he can do.

I have never heard of someone in good health developing a heart problem FROM doing E a dozen times in five months. I won't say it's not possible, but I personally have never heard of that. However, there are a million things that a "heart problem" can be, and can be caused by. Again, he should see a doctor. We can only guess on here.

As for panic attacks, ecstasy use can definitely cause those. I personally developed a panic disorder from doing too much E (along with other contributing factors). There is no magic number that dictates what "too much E" is, or if a given person will end up with this sort of problem. My panic disorder used to manifest itself as chest pains, landing me in the ER a few times convinced it was my heart (it wasn't). That COULD be what is wrong with your friend, but again, I am not a doctor.

I can't stress enough that your friend should get a medical opinion.

--Sugarpuss AIM: absolutsugarpuss Email: xxbringmesugarxx@aol.com MODS: Marijuana, Stimulants, Depressants ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine! -hunter s. thompson ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

#19026 - 12/30/01 11:25 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: sugarpuss]
meej Offline

Harm Reduction Geek

i think this would get more attention in safer use. moving...

#19027 - 05/19/02 09:33 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: madison]
Rayvonni Offline
Has a Question or two

Loc: earth
I'm no medical professional, either but I have taken about 30 e-pills in my lifetime and I also have serious panic attacks alot. I haven't done ecstacy in about 1 1/2 years and I won't do it ever again. I used to get these heart palpatations while I was rollin' and it scared the shit out of me. I've been in the ER for this several times. It didn't start until after I had done "E". Also, I have already had 2 children before I ever did "E" and didn't have any complications. I just had my 3rd child and had heart problems throughout the pregnancy. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But ya never know. My blood pressure was so high that I came really close to having a stroke. I think that "E" probably does have an affect on your heart in some way. I'm sure "E" is going to have some kind of affect on your health evetually. It's not something that you can get away with doing forever.

#19028 - 06/02/02 11:04 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: madison]
xtc_eyezz Offline
Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: Ashville, AL
This just makes me think, since MDMA effects the mind and all, what if these heart attacks are something mental. What if these attacks were caused by 'the brain' not communicating right with the users body? Ok, now I sound crazy, but it makes wonder.

"do you ever question your life, do you ever wonder why, do you ever see in your dreams, all the castles in the sky?, Oh tell me why, do we build castles in the sky, oh tell me why, all the castles way up high."

Stay whiskyeed my friends, stay whiskyeed..

#19029 - 06/03/02 09:06 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: madison]
Project 2501 Offline

Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: dog
i believe that mdma much like ephedrine or other stimulants can accentuate pre-existing cardiac conditions to a point where the symptoms are noticed by the individual. A heart condition that becomes prevalant after mdma usage would probably also have been noticed after meth, cocaine, ephedrine or a host of other otc/illeagal stimulants.
I experienced intense heart palpatations (sp?) after abusing ephedrine and I blamed it on the pills. Doc thinks I had the issue before the ephedrine use but it was accentuated once i pumped enough stimulant into my system.
I believe ds social mod banginblaz had a similar experience he has wrote about on here and may have better advice than myself.

#19030 - 06/05/02 04:37 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: Project 2501]
Bangin Offline
Mega-Mod
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Dry Dry Desert
Tis true, I had 2 heart attacks. 2 minor MI's.

I really dont have any advice (I wish I did) as the docs still have no explaination for this. We ruled out everthing. Including MDMA.

So now I just take my scripts, and hope it never comes back.........

Its not you, its the E talking.

#195000 - 11/13/07 04:24 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: Bangin]
RAVZ Offline
enthusiast

I had isues with PA and heart issues. Docs say its a heart nuissance, not necessarily caused by mdma, but maybe. Isnt particularily dangerous, i went through a zillion tests. and have been here talking to people for about 2 years. still ongoing

#195035 - 11/14/07 12:30 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: RAVZ]
MWkid18 Offline
T-Dubs
Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: Illinois
Dang Ravz talk about digging up an old thread.

#195045 - 11/14/07 02:39 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: RAVZ]
Tacosauce Offline

veteran

Loc: Canada, Quebec
 Originally Posted By: RAVZ
not necessarily caused by mdma, but maybe.

Did your doctor tell you that or did you conclude it by yourself (the "not necessarily" and "maybe" parts)?

I guess they finally found something wrong with your heart. I'd be more tempted to think that it would've been caused by the intense stress you've been through (stress is very damaging to the heart) rather than by MDMA directly. Either way, I guess we can attribute perhaps SOME of the fault to MDMA, but cases like this are quite rare. No matter how safe a drug is (I'm not saying MDMA is safe), there are always some people who get a bad reactions.

#198254 - 03/14/08 05:50 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: Tacosauce]
CJ81 Offline
stranger

OK I have a question. Im 26 years old Last Nov i had a incident with "X" i took 3 pills that were suppose to be X but it turned out to be a bunch of speed. My heart was pounding out of my cheast for like 8 hours. Ever sense then I had pains in my chest. I went an got check out they said every thing was fine . It continued so i went back they did a ultra sound of my heart of out i have a slight murmur. They also said i have slightly high bp, so the put me on lisinoprel (bp med) and a beata blocker. My question is can I take X again or am I at great risk of getting a heart Attack. And will the meds im on effect the drug at all if I can.

#198263 - 03/14/08 12:51 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: CJ81]
shercakes Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: walking among the stars
Dude, you are double posting...don't do that, it just annoys people. i answered your question in the other forum
Mid-Twenties Breakdown: A period of mental collapse occurring in one's twenties, often caused by an inability to function outside of school or structured environments coupled with a realization of one's essential aloneness in the world. Often marks induction into the ritual of pharmaceutical usage.
-Douglas Coupland,"Generation X"

#198276 - 03/14/08 11:40 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: shercakes]
CJ81 Offline
stranger

dude Im new to all this so chill out and get over it.

#198279 - 03/14/08 11:48 PM Re: hearrt problems [Re: CJ81]
CJ81 Offline
stranger

IM kidding with you......lol Na im sorry about the dbl post.

#198301 - 03/15/08 09:33 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: CJ81]
shercakes Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: walking among the stars
I was just trying to tell you, it would get confusing if people were answering the same question in 2 places, which is why the mods *ahem..meej* are supposed to delete double posts.
jk meej, i know your busy.
Mid-Twenties Breakdown: A period of mental collapse occurring in one's twenties, often caused by an inability to function outside of school or structured environments coupled with a realization of one's essential aloneness in the world. Often marks induction into the ritual of pharmaceutical usage.
-Douglas Coupland,"Generation X"

#200658 - 07/10/08 06:41 AM Re: hearrt problems [Re: shercakes]
slaker Offline
If your ass was an ocean, i'd be Captain Nemo!!!
Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: 7th Circle of Hell
I had a dream that Shercakes was a moderator of the DanceSafe board...

It's crazy I know!!!

But dude get this she was actually good at it! She was such a devoted moderator and she was always trying to come up with new ways to help people. For several month’s she was easily the most dedicated mod on the staff...

But she just disappeared one day and completely off the radar, I couldn’t even get her on the phone anymore...

She had a lot of new responsibilities and she stepped up and did what she had to do... So unfortunately it eventually came to the point that they had to remove her... We left her status for a long damn time, and when we finally reluctantly removed her mod powers, she suddenly showed up again and started logging in daily like she used to...

I don’t know man... I think I have lost my mind...

Wouldn’t that be cool if she were a mod though? Then she could delete duplicate posts and shit like that...

\:D ;\)

Moderator:  meej