Dancesafe
Topic Options
#204248 - 12/16/09 07:45 PM Bad speed trip now I'm dizzy and tired
Thomas B Offline
New and Curious

Hey guys,

Took 2-3g of quite pure speed at the weekend and brain went a little crazy and went into a panic attack that lasted about 5 hours. Muscles at the back of my neck kept spasming and I ended up having to try and force myself to sleep late in the night. Now its been 3 days and I feel tired all the time and don't have any motivation or anything, I'm really dizzy and just wanna know whats wrong.....

If anyone has any idea if this is just a comedown or how long this'll last please post...

#204250 - 12/17/09 11:57 PM Re: Bad speed trip now I'm dizzy and tired [Re: Thomas B]
Eeyore Offline
veteran

Loc: The crackhouse
Was this a reliable source? How tolerant are you to stimulants, in particular amphetamines? Also was the experience any different than it normally is?

If you live in the UK or Ireland there is alot of powder crap being knocked out as speed and MDMA. It is in fact MDPV, which is related to methylphenidate (Ritalin), although around 4 times more potent. It tends to be a little crazier than straight amphetamine and the crash is quite fucking nasty. Just something to keep in mind if you live in those areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDPV

Dizzyness is an effect of a speed comedown as is postural hypotension (dizzynes or fainting upon standing, muscle weakness) and if it was as pure as you say 2-3g is a pretty large amount. As is depression and loss of motivation. This can last a few days, try to eat well, exercise, multivitamins maybe. The reason your so down is that you've depleted chemical messengers in your brain, these take a bit of time to build back up to normal levels. You should be feeling better soon, if not I'd advise seeing a doctor.

#204252 - 12/20/09 05:05 AM Re: Bad speed trip now I'm dizzy and tired [Re: Eeyore]
blue eyed devil Offline

sane is just crazy on a lunchbreak
veteran

Loc: that place, you know the one.....
Have you ever dealt with a panic attack that bad before? In my experience, the really bad ones need their own special recovery time apart from whatever drugs helped to trigger it in the first place. Its like a double slam to your body, I wouldn't expect to bounce back in half a day.

What else did you do to help yourself get back on your feet? How are you feeling now? I agree with Eeyore, you should hopefully be feeling better by now smile

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"

#204256 - 12/23/09 01:54 AM Re: Bad speed trip now I'm dizzy and tired [Re: blue eyed devil]
Eeyore Offline
veteran

Loc: The crackhouse
Just to re-stress, if one does come across MDPV, willingly or otherwise, be extremely fucking careful with the stuff. It is incredible potent, 10-15mg for someone who hasnt used before will get you pretty fucking screwed. I learnt the hard way by hooving 400mg one day. Very moreish and can lead to irresponsible acts of the sexual kind, the horneyness effect has been said to rival methamphetamine. Honestly all i can do is agree.

Moderator:  blue eyed devil, The Housefly