Dancesafe
Topic Options
#203626 - 04/13/09 01:08 AM Between a rock and a hard place
sightfuleyes Offline
old hand

Loc: Gulf Coast of Texas
I have recently discovered that I hate drinking more than one or two cocktails. Other than that I hate alcohol now. On the other hand bud has become my 2 drinks welcome wagon when I get home from a tough day.

The bad: I am looking for a new job and every one that pays well enough requires testing upon hire.

I have become one of those people that I fight for. Speaking of the good fight, I am getting a lot more traction and meetings now. It looks like the legalization movement is gaining momentum even here in south Texas. But until then what I do to relieve stress to keep from kicking my cats keeps me from getting a job. 2 weeks clean now. What a BS standard for new hires.

#203627 - 04/13/09 12:09 PM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: sightfuleyes]
Majere1313 Offline
addict

Loc: FL
If you want to know how to pass without being clean lemme know. I have done it at least a dozen times and it's fool proof.

Free online chess games!

#203634 - 04/14/09 03:22 AM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: Majere1313]
blue eyed devil Offline
sane is just crazy on a lunchbreak
veteran

Loc: that place, you know the one.....
Well if you've already gone 2 weeks that's a good thing. If you can make it that long maybe the hardest part is over. Just stick it out for however much longer you need until you get the job you want. It may seem like a pain now but just think how much better it'll feel to get that weekly paycheck wink

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"

#203635 - 04/14/09 04:44 AM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: blue eyed devil]
sightfuleyes Offline
old hand

Loc: Gulf Coast of Texas
Gonna start lobbying the state to disallow companies from excluding people getting hired on the basis of marijuana testing. Already making progress with educating some of my reps about the cost of prohibition.

#203820 - 06/14/09 07:34 AM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: sightfuleyes]
xtc_eyezz Offline
Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: Ashville, AL
Hey man, I totally know the feeling.

I'm going to be totally honest with all who read this though. If you have to stop smoking pot for a month in order to get a good paying job, it kind of sucks if your a regular smoker. The reality of the whole situation is that weed does impair you to some extent while working. I know that people can be responsible, but companies don't want to take the risk. It sucks soo much, but it's the truth. Really though, it is'nt very hard to quit smoking for a month. It has it's up points, and you'll put a very active and energetic empression on your bosses. Then, when you feel comfortable again, start smoking again. Now, you get paid twice as much, can smoke more weed, and only had to sacrifice not smoking for a month. Alot of great things came because of sacrifice.

"do you ever question your life, do you ever wonder why, do you ever see in your dreams, all the castles in the sky?, Oh tell me why, do we build castles in the sky, oh tell me why, all the castles way up high."

Stay whiskyeed my friends, stay whiskyeed..

#204068 - 09/09/09 12:04 AM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: xtc_eyezz]
Purple_Princess Offline

Harm Reduction Geek

Loc: South Florida
Does the company do random drug testing?

"""None are more hopelessly enslaved then those who falsely believe that they are free"""

#204381 - 03/17/10 10:45 PM Re: Between a rock and a hard place [Re: sightfuleyes]
Lancer Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Seated in the East
OMFG I freaking Necro threads like Frankenstein.

Edited by Lancer (03/17/10 10:49 PM)

Moderator:  djfriendly, Tacosauce